Parent & Dancer Agreement
During the registration process, parents and dancers (ages 8 & older) must sign the Parent Agreement form in order to insure a clear understanding of our studio policies and procedures. This agreement helps you to have a trouble-free experience while dancing at our studio.
- Membership tuition depends on season or sessions.
- Membership Tuition can be made in full or Recurring monthly payments
- Payment is due on the first day of each month.
- Accounts not paid by the 10th of the month are subject to a $20.00 late fee. Arrangements can be made for special circumstances .
- No envelopes or statements will be handed out or mailed, however, tuition email reminders will be sent monthly.
- We accept Cash, Check and Credit Cards for payment.
- Monthly tuition payments are non-refundable and non-transferable! Students will not be allowed to take class if their account is delinquent for more than 30 days.
- As with any program, steady attendance is a requirement for success. Failure to meet such requirements can lead to adjustment in level.
- Guardians are responsible for communicating absences to the dance studio director or dance instructor directly.
- Excessive absences could result in removal from recital piece.
- Dress rehearsals are mandatory for recital participation.
- CHECK: Checks can be mailed, given to the studio director/instructor. If the name on the check does not match the dancer’s name, please make note on the memo line. A $30 fee will be charged for all returned checks (NSF).
- CASH: When paying by cash, please use exact change. The studio office does not keep much petty cash in the office. Please do NOT mail cash payments
- CREDIT CARD (in Parent Portal): The studio can accept VISA, MASTERCARD and DISCOVER.
- Addressing Issues: Unfortunately, we do make mistakes. We welcome you as parents to bring those to our attention. We do ask that you use discretion as you address them with us. We ask that any conversations that are sensitive and private in matter be held while classes are not in session and are addressed to the director. If issues concern other parents or children, please do not address this issue at the studio. Please resolve the issue independently or make an appointment with the director to resolve the situation.
Studio Rules for Parents:
Parents are permitted to observe class the last week of every month. Our instructors are working diligently with the dancers and outside distractions hamper their efforts.
- Observation is for one parent/guardian. If you must bring other siblings then all young children must be supervised. No running, yelling or rough playing at the dance studio.
- Help keep our studio clean and tidy. Please throw away all trash.
- No gossip, obscene language or inappropriate conversations are tolerated by either parents or dancers.
- Please pick up your dancer promptly at the end of their class. Teachers cannot be responsible for dancers after their class time because they are tending to their next class.
- Promptness is extremely important!
- Dancers need adequate time in order to be physically and mentally prepared for the demands of the dance class.
- It is recommended that students arrive no more than ten minutes early in order to get a drink, go to the bathroom, get warmed up and be dressed properly.
- Students who arrive more than 25 minutes late may be asked to observe class.
IMPORTANT Dance Etiquette:
At our studio, our primary goal is for your children to have fun while learning dance technique and a strong work ethic. We expect all dancers to show respect to themselves, each other and all instructors. You will see our instructors enforcing the following rules:
- Be prepared for class. Proper dress code is required for all dance classes.
- Hair must be pulled up and secured back.
- Use bathroom prior to class.
- Do not have frequent class absences.
- No cell phones in the dance studio. (Please keep all personal items in your dance bag.)
- No gum is allowed in class.
- Be respectful and kind to instructors, peers and staff.
- Do not talk during class unless you are asking a question.
- Be willing to try new dance material. Put positive energy into your dance class.
- No leaning, lounging or hanging on the ballet barres.
- Clap at the end of class to show respect for yourself, your fellow dancers and the instructor.
- If injured, tell instructor prior to class…work slowly & carefully or observe.
- If ill, do not come to class.
- If you must leave early, notify instructor prior to class.
We believe that good dance etiquette is of equal importance to good dance technique.
Studio Rules for Dancers:
- No running, yelling or rough playing at the dance studio.
- Help keep your studio clean and tidy. Please throw away all trash.
- No gossip, obscene language or inappropriate conversations are tolerated during class or around the studio.
- No gum, food or drink of any kind (except water) is allowed inside the studio.
For age 13 and up:
- As an older dancer and role model, inappropriate conversations or negative discussions are not allowed in front of younger dancers.
- It is the dancer’s responsibility to manage their time so that dance, schoolwork and other outside activities do not conflict.